- Mechanical testing systems had a bulky form-factor and occupied a lot of floor-space in modern lines.
- End customers products innovations led to more complex data collection which was proving impossible with current manual and spread sheet based systems.
- Equipments loosing competetive edge in the market place.
India’s leading automotive OEM manufacturing precision engine and braking system testing equipments.
- 1.Equipment foot-print reduced by 64% and test data resolution increased resulting in smaller and advanced range of product lines.
- 2.Test equipment versatality increased manifold with ability to test multiple models and reduced physical footprint.
- 3.Digital data collection and analysis provided accurate analysis compared to previous manual collection and spread sheet analysis.
- Gain significant advantage over competition.
Axcend’s engineers brought together our understanding of classic engineering systems and experience of building software solutions for complex engineering problems to propose a SMART engineering solution.
Axcend engineers took a two-step approach – first, we worked with the clients sales team to understand the equipment features requirements to win over competition. Next, we worked with the R&D team to develop a new test system – a combination of software and hardware that moved the force/power measurement techniques from traditional flywheel, pulley systems to electrical systems providing electronic inertia simulation with feed-forward control. The solution integrated mechanical test system with software solutions to provide control, data acquisition, reporting and test user interface in a single application.
With the elimination of mechanical test systems, the form-factor of the equipment was reduced from room-sized to a table-size system. A modular architecture of the software system enabled the machine to test vehicles of multiple make/models with basic configuration changes. The resolution of the data collected from the test parameters was increased resulting in more accurate measurements. The data that was manually collected and analyzed on stand-alone spread sheets were eliminated as the software system enabled electronic data acquisition and analysis.
Axcend team, partnered with academia and the clients R&D to co-develop some of the new research ideas into the new product line. Our team worked alongside the clients engineering team for the first few commissioning of the new products as well.